Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lost Hearts

For a minute they feel the true and pure love.
Next they are shoved back into the streets of despair.
It hurts the organ beat within my chest,
and I feel helpless to what is next.
I wish I could fix this.
They enter with eager hearts as the gate opens
once they have full stomachs and a glimpse of hope,
the dragon comes and back to despair they go.
Why are we so nieve,
how can we change this.
This is not justice but deception,
deceptive love.
We come here to serve and pour.
As we watch the usual interaction
we can see that this is all fake.
That the truth is within the lie,
the truth is just hidden.
My heart burns for true love for each child.
My mind rages with Justice.
Do you really think this is God's will,
his will to open your gate,
to feed a small portion of grub,
to push down their throats a word of hope,
and then shew them out back into the streets.
I sure don't.
From the time arriving here
and the time we are about to leave,
I can see the change in the childrens lives.
I can see God's will has been done for these few weeks,
but I can also see that this is only a temporary fix.
This saddens me... a lot.
I pray to God everyday,
I pray that he will bring healing and restoration.
I hope to see thsi place rise up above it's disloyal leader
and declare the glory of the Lord.
That in every Godly action or word
His name is declared.
This nation is in desperate need of restoration.
We have done the will of God
and our hearts and mind are tired.
My team has poured every inch of love into this community.
We have witnessed great works of the Lord,
but now it is time to move on.
God is calling our team to Haiti.
What he has in store there
we do not know,
but we do know that it will be for His Glory.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment